Thursday, September 18, 2014

Descriptive Storm Writing

In the night I could hear a crack and a boom and hail. The thunder and lightening was like a camera in the night. The rain stomped on my roof like a giant. The thunder sounded like a hungry tummy.
By Cobie

Last night I saw a blue stormy bit of lightening. I hopped out of my bed and went into my mum’s bedroom. I took my teddy and my pillow with me. Every time I woke up I kicked my mum. The rain was so, so loud and hard it felt like the house moved. I bet my cat would have been scared. The thunder storm sounded like a giant stomping. I felt scared.
By Isabella

I never heard the rain because I was asleep. Jen woke me up. I heard a bang on the roof.
By Bianca

The birds were tweeting in the brown and green trees. The storm flashed like a camera taking photos. People were a bit afraid like a baby in their beds.
By Molika

Birds in the night were in their nest and they were screeching like monkeys in the trees. It felt like the roof was going to smash. The thunder was really loud and scary. I felt unhappy.
By Mele

One stormy, wild night there were some scary sounds. There was a flash brighter than a camera. There was thunder booming louder than a lion roaring as loud as it could! It was so loud that it made me fall out of bed. My sisters were very scared but... When I woke up there were only sticky, muddy puddles. I’m glad my house didn’t break or shake. The weather man said somewhere in NZ there’s a thunder storm today but not in Hamilton! Yay!
By Toby


No comments:

Post a Comment